Questions about IR35? Ask the IPSE experts on 11 October
If you’re a contractor in the public sector, there could be turbulent times ahead. Many IPSE members will now be aware that the Government has proposed big changes to the way IR35 rules work – the legislation that determines whether you’re taxed as a business or as an employee. But do you know exactly what the changes are, or how they’ll affect you?
If not, IPSE’s tax policy experts are on hand to help. Join us for a Twitter livechat between 13:00 and 14:00 on Tuesday 11 October to have your say and find out what the changes mean for your business. We’ll be discussing:
- What the proposals mean for contractors
- Whether they’ll drive contractors out of the public sector
- How this will impact the public sector
- Whether the mooted online tool will be able to accurately assess a worker’s employment status
- Whether contractors “caught” by the rules will expect employment rights
- What you can do to prevent these changes
The Government’s plans have to potential to inflict serious and irreparable damage on the freelance economy. Follow #unfairIR35 to make sure you’ve got the facts and make your voice heard.