Guide to Auto-Enrolment
Employers will have to make arrangements for most of their workers to join an 'Automatic Enrolment' pension scheme and, in due course contribute at least 3% of a band of earnings. Companies will be required to make these arrangements between now and February 2018.
These two documents provide you with:
- Information on who is eligible for auto-enrolment
- A high-level overview to Auto-Enrolment with useful sources of further information
Many IPSE members will be exempted from having to auto-enrol if any one of the following criteria apply:-
- you're a sole director company, with no other staff
- your company has a number of directors, none of whom has an employment contract
- your company has a number of directors, only one of whom has an employment contract
- your company has ceased trading
- your company has gone into liquidation
- your company has been dissolved
- you no longer employ people in your home (cleaners, nannies, personal care assistants, etc)
Automatic enrolment duties will apply if more than one director has a contract of employment.
Some companies may need to inform the Pensions Regulator that they are exempt and a good starting place for this can be found on the Pensions Regulator website.