Legal helpline for PCG members
I joined IPSE for the comfort factor, knowing that I can ask for assistance any time I needed it, but perhaps not expecting to need it. Well this week there was that need...I spoke to the office staff, who are always friendly, enthusiastic and keen to help, I was referred to the relevant legal expert and 90 minutes later, I had my question answered and comfort resumed. Brilliant!!
Kenny Phipps MBCS, IPSE Member
IPSE members have free access to a legal helpline provided by Abbey Tax.
Most calls made relate to both business and personal enquiries such as:
- Intellectual property
- Small claims court procedures
- Business tenancies
- Debt recovery
- Dealing with complaint letters (asserting rights)
- Dealing with statutory demands
- Employing people
- Health and safety
- Consumer law
- Matrimonial law
- Wills & probate
Tax and contract helpline coverage:
This service provides our freelancers with all the guidance and advice required to ease the burden of tax, delivered by knowledgeable and friendly taxation experts at Abbey Tax.
- In the event of any contact whatsoever from HM Revenue & Customs that isn’t clear.
- For guidance in respect of contracts governing your engagements (agency regulations, status/IR35 aspects of the contractual terms or operational matters such as handcuff clauses).
- For guidance on UK VAT issues.
For the number to call, members must visit the IPSE Dashboard.Legal Advice